WOD: 3 mile run, 31:23 (10:07 pace)
I was so excited to get this box in the mail this month it’s not even funny. I asked for a “Minnesota Thanksgiving” because my Idaho penpal asked for me to send her a “Florida Thanksgiving”. I also mentioned I loved peanut butter and tried to eat “healthy” (besides cupcakes).
Here’s what was in the box:
- Assorted Minnesota magazines
- Lunds & Byerly’s Roasted Wild Rice
- Lunds & Byerly’s Cranberry Nut Granola
- Lunds & Byerly’s Amber Beer Mustard
- Homemade canned tomato jam (so delicious!)
- …and a really cute handwritten note from my Foodie Penpal telling me why she picked everything.
Lunds & Byerly’s is a Minneapolis grocery store.
I pretty much had the same idea and sent my penpal a bunch of Thanksgiving things from Publix, our local grocery store.
If you want to get involved here are the rules from The Lean Green Bean.
-On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
– Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!
***If you’re in the UK, please contact Carol Anne from This Is Rock Salt at email@example.com to get involved!