Barre method class (55 min.)
I drove to Barre54 this morning to check out the studio’s classes (review to come soon).
Last night I made this BBQ chicken pizza adapted from Closet Cooking and it’s a must share. I bought a head of cauliflower last week and it’s been sitting in the fridge waiting for me to do the work and turn it into magic paleo “bread”. This pizza was just as good as the one I was craving from Domino’s and the crust can easily be adapted for other pizzas with different toppings.
For the crust:
1 head of cauliflower
1/2 cup mozzarella
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. dried rosemary
a pinch of crushed red pepper
2 cloved of minced garlic
For the BBQ chicken topping:
1 cup cooked chicken breast
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1 tbsp. chopped green onion
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (could do 50/50 with cheddar too)
1/4 sliced Vidalia onion
1. Pulse one head of cauliflower florets in a food processor until it looks like rice. Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl and cook for eight minutes.
2. Place the caulifower between paper towels to remove as much of the moisture as possible.
3. Mix the cauliflower, one egg, 1/2 cup mozzarella, 1/2 tsp. dried oregano, 1/4 tsp. dried basil, 1/4 tsp. dried rosemary, a pinch of crushed red pepper and two cloves of crushed garlic until dough-like. Form into a crust on a baking sheet sprayed with Pam.
4. Bake in a preheated 450 degree oven until lightly golden brown, about 18 minutes (turning once *extra carefully* halfway).
5. Top with your choice of toppings and bake another 10 to 15 minutes. I used 1 cup cooked chopped chicken breast in 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce, 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, 1 tbsp. chopped green onion and 1/4 Peruvian yellow onion sliced thin.
Try it out and let me know how it comes out. I’ll be making this again soon with fig jam and gorgonzola (also super delicious).